To use the Web Search feature on TypingMind.com with the Programmable Search Engine, you need to get the following info:
- Search Engine ID.
- Custom Search API Key.
Here is how to do it.
- Go to https://programmablesearchengine.google.com, click Get Started.
- Create a new search engine and give it a name
In the Want to search? section, select Search the Entire web
- Once your new search engine is created, click Customize
- Copy the search engine ID and save it into a safe place for later use on TypingMind
- Scroll down, under the Search features section, enable both Image Search and Web Search.
- Scroll down to “Programmatic Access” and click “Get started”
- Click “Get a Key” to get your search API key
- Create a new project
- Click Next, an API key will be generated, copy and also save into a safe place.
- Enter the Search Engine ID and API key on TypingMind
- Click the Plugin icon on the top left corner of the app, next to the side bar
- Choose Web Search to open the plugin settings
- Switch to the tab Settings and enter your Search Engine ID and API key.